We have just released our latest version of Ventsim – Ventsim™ 4!
Ventsim™ 4 includes many new features and improvements. Visit our Download page to obtain the latest version of Ventsim™.
New Features of Ventsim™ 4
- Staging Control – a lock/unlock feature has been added to automatically recognise all changes made to a stage. This allows easy customisation, variation and duplication of new stages.
- Fuel Burn – heating fuels can be directly burnt into airflow.
- Video Capture – record your on-screen Ventsim™ work to a movie file for use in presentations.
- New Import Libraries – support added for Microstation DGN files, all Autocad versions (up to 2014), import/display of TEXT, and rendering of 3D extruded solid shapes.
- New UNIT manager – for multiple unit types and extensions.
- New FAN manager – import of actual PDF fans curves, fan blade variants, fan installation restrictions, and digitising of FAN curves with mouse via import fan sheet.
- Air Density Reference – all friction factors and resistance can be referenced to any air density.
- Reference Graphic Texturing – Photographic textures and pictures (such as satellite images or aerial photos) can be placed over 3D surfaces. Scanned mine plans can also be imported as a 3D textures for tracing over.
- License Release – “forced” license release process available when the computer holding the license cannot be deactivated normally.
- Fire Rollback – experimental fire rollback feature implemented into VentFIRE™.
- Performance Improvements – improved heat, gas and contaminant simulation speed and accuracy, particularly with non recirculating models.
- LiveVIEW™ Asynchronous Data Collection – simulation modelling performance during data collection is significantly improved.
- And many more minor improvements.
* Ventsim™ 4 model files with new Ventsim™ 4-specific features will still open in Ventsim™ 3, however these new features will not function in Ventsim™ 3.