Chasm Consulting introduces a new software package to help manage recording underground measure ventilation information. VentLog™ is available for separate purchase and does not require Ventsim software or licenses, and works under its own license.
VentLog™ stores an unlimited amount of underground Ventilation survey data in a database format.
Underground ventilation surveys are an essential part of managing your ventilation system, and are required by law in many countries to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations.
Many mines use simple spreadsheets to record data, however this method introduce difficulties in managing data across multiple time frames and locations, and is normally difficult to analyse and compare trends and changes. In addition, using this data for making mine plans, or helping validate simulated results is time consuming and prone to duplication.
VentLog™ software allows recording of dozens of different types of ventilation data, such as airflows, velocities, gases, temperatures and pressures, in a systematic database format. The data can be filtered, sorted, analysed and graphed for any location or date range.
In addition, VentLog™ automatically exports results to a mine plan DXF format for easy display and inclusion in actual mine plans. Ventsim Visual software also provides a free interface into the VentLog™ database, so that actual surveyed results can be displayed with simulated results for any location and date.
To use VentLog™ software:
- The VentLog™ Wizard can be used to create a new database to store your data. The wizard will guide the user through items such as database location, underground stations and authorized users. Underground stations can be established with pre-determined areas, locations coordinates, names, standard airflow directions and even pictures.
- Once locations are established, survey data can be entered against each location directly into the record sheet. The filter options can restrict the data shown to only a certain location, date range or ventilation data type.
- Each survey record required a location, ventilation data type, date and time and person recording, however the auto fill options can automatically fill the datasheet with most values, so that only the value (for example airflow) needs to be entered. All other information will automatically fill from the filter options.
- Once data has been entered, the database can be viewed and analysed to show recorded data for any location or type. The page can be switch to ‘Graph’ mode to allow graphing of up to six types of ventilation data on up to two axes over a period of time.
- Data can be export to a DXF for importing into mine survey plans to create ventilation plans. Simply import the DXF file created into your mine survey software tool or CAD package, and the data is overlayed with your mine plan floor outlines. The position of the data and direction of the airflow arrow can be adjusted in the VentLog™ locations section if they need to be fine-tuned.
- Finally, Ventsim Visual software 2.4+ has a free connection utility that connects to the VentLog™ database, and displays all surveys results within your 3D ventilation models. This is a great tool to help compare measured survey data result against simulated results, or to show historical ventilation changes.